Active Fascial Release
Developed by James Earls, SI practitioner, Anatomy Trains teacher and author of the best seller, ‘Born to Walk.’ – AFR combines elements of motor control theory with a neuromyofascial approach to identify, treat & re-educate a client’s movement patterns.
The blending of guided movement with various soft tissue engagement protocols has created a method that addresses the body as a whole and acknowledges the roles of the body’s various tissues and their interrelationships.
- identifies sticky or viscous fascia during movement
- addresses the body in function as a whole
- allows the practitioner to more efficiently assess compensation patterns and/or hinge points which are a product of faulty movement mechanics or adhesions
- integrates the core principles of: rotation, flexion, extension, bending, lunging, squatting, reaching through guided movement relating to gait and breath
- encourages unconscious movement patterns through the use of neural imprinting techniques
- ease myofascial pain and restrictions
- efficient coordination of sensory information and motor impulse
Book a 30min consult to experience AFR
For more information on our services or to book an appointment,
please get in touch via the number or contact form link below...
020 4175 2499
Get in touch